Tea Time Thoughts
Today, I was having a word with my maid's daughter who got married last year at a very young age and so did her younger sister.
I just casually asked, "Did your younger sister not come to pay visit this time to Indore?"
Her answer was - "She came and went back too..."
I said, "May be, I did not see her because she did not accompany your mother to our house..."
Her instant reply was - "Yes, she does not come to work anymore because her husband banished her to go to this kind of work anymore..."
I immediately felt a sad pang for the patriarchy that's surrounding us at every level and the woman who has got married these daughters by working so hard every day of her life.
She took loans and still working to repay... And nobody has got the right to be shameful of what she does...
The man who is teaching her wife not to be there on such pityful works should rethink how did her wife fend for herself all these years and how could he have such lavish wedding... It is all because of this work which he considers lowlife now..!!
A divorced mother working hard for her three children is laudable anyday, whatever work she is doing...
#Tribute to all such hard-working ladies out there without whose domestic help our houses could be crumbling down ...

Comments
Post a Comment